Oct 2, 2017

It's Been a While! . . . and good news

It's Been a While! . . . and good news



For several years pastels have been calling my name. Finally, I had to give in. There is something about a huge array of colors, already pre-mixed, just sitting there beckoning me like little kindergarten kids jumping up and down and crying out, Me! Me! Choose Me! How could I resist?

I have been juried into the Beaverton Art Mix (BAM) which is October 6 through 8, 2017. The accepted artwork is Wayward Winds Lavender Farm -- a pastel piece that I painted en plain air for the Oregon/Willamette Valley Lavender Paint Out in 2016. It won an honorable mention award in the Open Division.

The artist reception is Friday, the 7th at 5pm in the Beaverton Library, 12375 SW 5th St, Beaverton, Oregon 97005. I'll be there. Drop by if you are in the area. For all the details go to: http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/index.aspx?nid=1269




No comments:

Post a Comment